Straight Teeth Without Braces!
9 out of 10 children have crowded teeth and incorrectly developing jaws
Preventative Early Orthodontic Treatment
Modern research has shown that crowded teeth, incorrect jaw development and other orthodontic problems are not caused by big teeth in small jaws or hereditary factors. Dr. Merrily Sandford knows the symptoms of mouth breathing, tongue thrusting, reverse swallowing, thumb sucking and open mouth posture contribute to incorrect jaw development.
She will address the root cause and treat her patients by developing, guiding and straightening their teeth into the position that nature intended.
Just getting braces, with or without extractions, does not address the underlying causes of crooked teeth. This is why once the braces are removed, the teeth usually crowd up again, unless poor oral habits are corrected. This is why treatment with braces alone commonly results in the need for life-long retainers.
Is this your Child ?
Find out if your child qualifies for Straight Teeth Without Braces.
Get a free consultation with Dr. Sandford and get on the road to a better smile, and a healthier child.
- Gently straighten teeth without braces and the discomfort of wires and bands.
- Correct overbite, overjet, rotation, crowding, spacing, open-bite and cross-bite.
- Financial savings compared to the cost of braces or Invisalign.
- Expanding arches to proper shape and proportion allows for ideal spacing for all teeth, providing a healthy, strong and beautiful smile – for years to come!
Straight Teeth In Months Not Years, Without Wire Braces!
The appliance system guides and corrects the eruption of the incoming teeth by naturally expanding the arch to provide room for these teeth, or it can straighten the teeth that are already present, and develop proper swallowing. This allows for proper breathing, an expanded airway, and straight teeth.
Interceptive orthodontic treatment can take place when patients have primary teeth or mixed dentition (baby and permanent teeth). Interceptive Orthodontic preventative approach consists of:
- Creating room for crowded, erupting teeth.
- Creating facial symmetry through influencing jaw growth.
- Enhancing your child’s self esteem throughout elementary and middle school.
- Checking for signs of Sleep Disordered Breathing.
- Often eliminates the need for wire braces as a teenage or adult.
The Importance of Preventative Orthodontics
Orthodontics for children at an early age can be a valuable asset in correcting current orthodontic problems as well as preventing future malocclusion. Holding teeth straight while the fibers develop around them, keeps the correction and resists relapse! Treating these problems at such an early age provides beautiful smiles, stronger self-confidence and results that will last a lifetime.
A Note about Sleep Disordered Breathing
This appliance treatment helps open your child’s airway, treating and preventing Sleep Disordered Breathing. If your child has any of the following symptoms, ask us for an assessment!
- Bed Wetting
- Restless Sleep
- Dark Circles Under the Eyes
- Mouth Breathing
- Difficulty in School
- Stunted Growth
- Day time Drowsiness
- Crowded/Crooked Teeth
- Overbite/Underdeveloped Lower Jaw
- Swollen Adenoids/Tonsils
- Aggressive Behavior
- Chronic Allergies