The DNA Appliance® is an easy way our dentist, Dr. Merrily Sandford, can gradually correct and reshape misshapen craniofacial structures in a way that brings you better dental and overall health. Using epigenetic orthodontics, the DNA Appliance will realign the teeth and adjust palate depth and width in a way that is discreet, comfortable and natural.
Epigenetic orthodontics has to do with stimulating immature or embryonic cells in the jaw through carefully applied gradual pressure in order to reshape the jaw in a way that is better suited to oral health and full function. The DNA Appliance reshapes the hard palate in a way that significantly more conducive to proper airflow. This device offers permanent benefits that can go a long way towards treating obstructive sleep apnea and snoring, all with no need for surgery.
The DNA Appliance is custom made for your mouth and looks like an average dental retainer, being applied in much the same way. Polysomnograms (PSG) and Home Sleep Tests (HST) have confirmed that this device can significantly reduce or even completely eliminate obstructive sleep apnea, letting many patients ditch their CPAP machine. If you are looking for a DNA Appliance in Austin, Texas, please call 512-263-8284 for more information and schedule an appointment with us. You won’t regret it!
Benefits of treatment with the DNA Appliance:
- Treating sleep apnea and snoring to a cure
- An orthodontic method of realigning crooked or crowded teeth
- Balancing the bite to diminish migraine headaches
- Relieving jaw pain from many TMJ disorders
- Worn only at night while you sleep
- Stimulates bone growth, allowing permanent results
- Similar to wearing a retainer, relatively comfortable and painless
- Can be very effective in children for upper arch expansion
- Treats sleep apnea without drugs, surgery or bulky, uncomfortable facial gear